Facial hair styling product crossword
2010.08.18 23:14 dareao malehairadvice
Male hair advice
2011.12.09 16:44 nikiverse Curly Hair
For all natural curlies, coilies, and wavies! All hair is good hair. Find help with your hair, recommendations on products, technique advice... anything to help embrace your texture!
2013.08.18 08:57 smbtuckma scientifically-supported information about haircare
This subreddit aims to provide resources for achieving better hair quality through scientific research in trichology, physiology, chemistry, and biology.
2023.06.08 23:56 -Mr-Papaya Need help coming to terms with wife about baby vs work duties.
TLDR: I work from home. My wife and I are having issues balancing the time I need to focus on my work vs the time she wants me to help her take care of the baby, and that causes friction.
A month ago I posted here
as this issue was starting to arise. As many suggested, I tried talking to my wife about how I'm falling behind on my work and needing more time. I tried twice, but it didn't work. She got annoyed and dismissed it with "what's the difference" (if I stay with the baby or she). She's not an insensitive or obtuse person to answer her own trivial question so I took her response as her way of saying "I'm not ready to deal with it" or "I don't want a bigger burden". I let it go.
Since then, our baby has stabilized. She's nearly 4 months old now and is generally happy. No colic-like seizers. She sleeps well at night with a 6+ hours stretch (~2200 to 0400, then 0500-0700). She has a few small naps during the day (~3 hours total) but likes to be carried around most of the time (typical, I know). Wife gets tired from carrying (back and arm hurt), and often takes hours to fall (back) to sleep at night due to some things that bother her (her family, our housing situation, etc.). We're well off financially, there's just some uncertainly/inconvenience/disappointing going on. All this to say - she's emotionally and physically exhausted.
As I said in my original post, I work from home. I try to help with the baby as much as I can. I realize other moms have to do with their SO out to work morning until evening, but I'm home and my line of work is lenient. I've been working at about 50-75% capacity so far, but this morning I finally got "the call" where I was told that my "newborn privilege" has ended and that I needed to ramp up my production. I relayed that to my wife, and she knew where the conversation was going. I explained that it wasn't just the "20 minutes" she says where she asks for my help, and that even brief interruptions end up costing me time getting back into the workflow. She was basically like "fine, the baby will just cry, and I won't bother you anymore", leaving and closing my door. She cried in the bedroom. I came to talk to her and she said that she "couldn't contain things anymore". I told her it's a problem I have, and that I have to share it with her. I don't have a solution and I don't say she's the problem, but we have to figure something out. That calmed her down, although without a practical solution at hand.
For the rest of the day, she really tried not to bother me. I still came out a few times to help with things out of my own concern/habit, like to make her food or to clean around. But she actually did fairly well by herself, getting a bunch of chores done around the house and generally being in a good mood. I got some work done as well. She got back to yoga this week, having gone 3 times while I stayed with the baby in the mornings (before work) for ~ 3 hours, and it has done well for her. So, in the evening, she asked me about yoga again this upcoming Sunday, and then about having a talk with her HR, and then about going to get a haircut since her hair is really falling off. I told her that 6+ hours straight alone with the baby would be a bit much so maybe try splitting things (like getting the haircut another day). She really didn't like that.
A few hours later, after she put the baby to sleep, she came out crying. She said that I work all day, all night and all weekends, while she's with the baby day and night. She thought I should have been supportive of her getting a haircut (it was my idea in the first place). She cried a lot... a lot. I tried not to argue with her as I don't see things the same way, so we just agreed that we have a communication problem and that we're not seeing things the same way.
One of our problems, IMO, is that she would say things like "I haven't slept all night" if she ended up staying awake for 3 hours and sleeping only 4. Then I would say something like "you haven't slept half the night", in an attempt to paint a better (more realistic) picture, but she says that that "diminishes her feelings". I think that her exaggerated use of language creates a worse reality for herself (and, consequentially, for us), which she later repeats to friends and family, further "manifesting" this bad reality. Or she would tell them that "she has to carry the baby all day", while that baby does sleep for about 3 hours during the day and does chill in chaibed for another couple of hours. I mean, ye, she still carries her most of the time, but it's not as bad, you know? I stopped trying to help reducing her emotional burden by analyzing things rationally and just resort to say "I'm sorry you feel this way", trying to help in some other, practical way instead. But I feel this type of communication/behaviour on her behalf is a problem we're not dealing with properly.
Sigh. I'm not even sure what I'm trying to say. Thanks for reading. Any thoughts and tips would be appreciated.
submitted by -Mr-Papaya
to beyondthebump [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 23:54 7o_Ted in the market for new frames and I really want to get a pair of that compliments my facial structure, what kind of frame or style do you think would fit best? first time poster so I don't know if these kinds of questions are allowed.
submitted by 7o_Ted to glasses [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 23:52 Virasman Guys, how often do you shave your body hair?
This does NOT include head & facial hair.
This does include your balls.
This can apply to certain spots only for reasons. View Poll
submitted by Virasman
to polls [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 23:52 ArtyomPidrovich New acc. 𝖩𝗈𝗄𝖾𝗌 + 𝖨𝗋𝗈𝗇𝗒.
- The Industrial Revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race. They have greatly increased the life-expectancy of those of us who live in “advanced” countries, but they have destabilized society, have made life unfulfilling, have subjected human beings to indignities, have led to widespread psychological suffering (in the Third World to physical suffering as well) and have inflicted severe damage on the natural world. The continued development of technology will worsen the situation. It will certainly subject human beings to greater indignities and inflict greater damage on the natural world, it will probably lead to greater social disruption and psychological suffering, and it may lead to increased physical suffering even in “advanced” countries.
- The industrial-technological system may survive or it may break down. If it survives, it MAY eventually achieve a low level of physical and psychological suffering, but only after passing through a long and very painful period of adjustment and only at the cost of permanently reducing human beings and many other living organisms to engineered products and mere cogs in the social machine. Furthermore, if the system survives, the consequences will be inevitable: There is no way of reforming or modifying the system so as to prevent it from depriving people of dignity and autonomy.
- If the system breaks down the consequences will still be very painful. But the bigger the system grows the more disastrous the results of its breakdown will be, so if it is to break down it had best break down sooner rather than later.
- We therefore advocate a revolution against the industrial system. This revolution may or may not make use of violence; it may be sudden or it may be a relatively gradual process spanning a few decades. We can’t predict any of that. But we do outline in a very general way the measures that those who hate the industrial system should take in order to prepare the way for a revolution against that form of society. This is not to be a POLITICAL revolution. Its object will be to overthrow not governments but the economic and technological basis of the present society.
- In this article we give attention to only some of the negative developments that have grown out of the industrial-technological system. Other such developments we mention only briefly or ignore altogether. This does not mean that we regard these other developments as unimportant. For practical reasons we have to confine our discussion to areas that have received insufficient public attention or in which we have something new to say. For example, since there are well-developed environmental and wilderness movements, we have written very little about environmental degradation or the destruction of wild nature, even though we consider these to be highly important.
THE PSYCHOLOGY OF MODERN LEFTISM
- Almost everyone will agree that we live in a deeply troubled society. One of the most widespread manifestations of the craziness of our world is leftism, so a discussion of the psychology of leftism can serve as an introduction to the discussion of the problems of modern society in general.
- But what is leftism? During the first half of the 20th century leftism could have been practically identified with socialism. Today the movement is fragmented and it is not clear who can properly be called a leftist. When we speak of leftists in this article we have in mind mainly socialists, collectivists, “politically correct” types, feminists, gay and disability activists, animal rights activists and the like. But not everyone who is associated with one of these movements is a leftist. What we are trying to get at in discussing leftism is not so much movement or an ideology as a psychological type, or rather a collection of related types. Thus, what we mean by “leftism” will emerge more clearly in the course of our discussion of leftist psychology. (Also, see paragraphs 227-230.)
- Even so, our conception of leftism will remain a good deal less clear than we would wish, but there doesn’t seem to be any remedy for this. All we are trying to do here is indicate in a rough and approximate way the two psychological tendencies that we believe are the main driving force of modern leftism. We by no means claim to be telling the WHOLE truth about leftist psychology. Also, our discussion is meant to apply to modern leftism only. We leave open the question of the extent to which our discussion could be applied to the leftists of the 19th and early 20th centuries.
- The two psychological tendencies that underlie modern leftism we call “feelings of inferiority” and “oversocialization.” Feelings of inferiority are characteristic of modern leftism as a whole, while oversocialization is characteristic only of a certain segment of modern leftism; but this segment is highly influential.
FEELINGS OF INFERIORITY
- By “feelings of inferiority” we mean not only inferiority feelings in the strict sense but a whole spectrum of related traits; low self-esteem, feelings of powerlessness, depressive tendencies, defeatism, guilt, self- hatred, etc. We argue that modern leftists tend to have some such feelings (possibly more or less repressed) and that these feelings are decisive in determining the direction of modern leftism.
- When someone interprets as derogatory almost anything that is said about him (or about groups with whom he identifies) we conclude that he has inferiority feelings or low self-esteem. This tendency is pronounced among minority rights activists, whether or not they belong to the minority groups whose rights they defend. They are hypersensitive about the words used to designate minorities and about anything that is said concerning minorities. The terms “negro,” “oriental,” “handicapped” or “chick” for an African, an Asian, a disabled person or a woman originally had no derogatory connotation. “Broad” and “chick” were merely the feminine equivalents of “guy,” “dude” or “fellow.” The negative connotations have been attached to these terms by the activists themselves. Some animal rights activists have gone so far as to reject the word “pet” and insist on its replacement by “animal companion.” Leftish anthropologists go to great lengths to avoid saying anything about primitive peoples that could conceivably be interpreted as negative. They want to replace the world “primitive” by “nonliterate.” They seem almost paranoid about anything that might suggest that any primitive culture is inferior to our own. (We do not mean to imply that primitive cultures ARE inferior to ours. We merely point out the hypersensitivity of leftish anthropologists.)
- Those who are most sensitive about “politically incorrect” terminology are not the average black ghetto- dweller, Asian immigrant, abused woman or disabled person, but a minority of activists, many of whom do not even belong to any “oppressed” group but come from privileged strata of society. Political correctness has its stronghold among university professors, who have secure employment with comfortable salaries, and the majority of whom are heterosexual white males from middle- to upper-middle-class families.
- Many leftists have an intense identification with the problems of groups that have an image of being weak (women), defeated (American Indians), repellent (homosexuals) or otherwise inferior. The leftists themselves feel that these groups are inferior. They would never admit to themselves that they have such feelings, but it is precisely because they do see these groups as inferior that they identify with their problems. (We do not mean to suggest that women, Indians, etc. ARE inferior; we are only making a point about leftist psychology.)
- Feminists are desperately anxious to prove that women are as strong and as capable as men. Clearly they are nagged by a fear that women may NOT be as strong and as capable as men.
- Leftists tend to hate anything that has an image of being strong, good and successful. They hate America, they hate Western civilization, they hate white males, they hate rationality. The reasons that leftists give for hating the West, etc. clearly do not correspond with their real motives. They SAY they hate the West because it is warlike, imperialistic, sexist, ethnocentric and so forth, but where these same faults appear in socialist countries or in primitive cultures, the leftist finds excuses for them, or at best he GRUDGINGLY admits that they exist; whereas he ENTHUSIASTICALLY points out (and often greatly exaggerates) these faults where they appear in Western civilization. Thus it is clear that these faults are not the leftist’s real motive for hating America and the West. He hates America and the West because they are strong and successful.
- Words like “self-confidence,” “self-reliance,” “initiative,” “enterprise,” “optimism,” etc., play little role in the liberal and leftist vocabulary. The leftist is anti-individualistic, pro-collectivist. He wants society to solve everyone’s problems for them, satisfy everyone’s needs for them, take care of them. He is not the sort of person who has an inner sense of confidence in his ability to solve his own problems and satisfy his own needs. The leftist is antagonistic to the concept of competition because, deep inside, he feels like a loser.
- Art forms that appeal to modern leftish intellectuals tend to focus on sordidness, defeat and despair, or else they take an orgiastic tone, throwing off rational control as if there were no hope of accomplishing anything through rational calculation and all that was left was to immerse oneself in the sensations of the moment.
- Modern leftish philosophers tend to dismiss reason, science, objective reality and to insist that everything is culturally relative. It is true that one can ask serious questions about the foundations of scientific knowledge and about how, if at all, the concept of objective reality can be defined. But it is obvious that modern leftish philosophers are not simply cool-headed logicians systematically analyzing the foundations of knowledge. They are deeply involved emotionally in their attack on truth and reality. They attack these concepts because of their own psychological needs. For one thing, their attack is an outlet for hostility, and, to the extent that it is successful, it satisfies the drive for power. More importantly, the leftist hates science and rationality because they classify certain beliefs as true (i.e., successful, superior) and other beliefs as false (i.e., failed, inferior). The leftist’s feelings of inferiority run so deep that he cannot tolerate any classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the rejection by many leftists of the concept of mental illness and of the utility of IQ tests. Leftists are antagonistic to genetic explanations of human abilities or behavior because such explanations tend to make some persons appear superior or inferior to others. Leftists prefer to give society the credit or blame for an individual’s ability or lack of it. Thus if a person is “inferior” it is not his fault, but society’s, because he has not been brought up properly.
- The leftist is not typically the kind of person whose feelings of inferiority make him a braggart, an egotist, a bully, a self-promoter, a ruthless competitor. This kind of person has not wholly lost faith in himself. He has a deficit in his sense of power and self-worth, but he can still conceive of himself as having the capacity to be strong, and his efforts to make himself strong produce his unpleasant behavior.  But the leftist is too far gone for that. His feelings of inferiority are so ingrained that he cannot conceive of himself as individually strong and valuable. Hence the collectivism of the leftist. He can feel strong only as a member of a large organization or a mass movement with which he identifies himself.
- Notice the masochistic tendency of leftist tactics. Leftists protest by lying down in front of vehicles, they intentionally provoke police or racists to abuse them, etc. These tactics may often be effective, but many leftists use them not as a means to an end but because they PREFER masochistic tactics. Self-hatred is a leftist trait.
- Leftists may claim that their activism is motivated by compassion or by moral principles, and moral principle does play a role for the leftist of the oversocialized type. But compassion and moral principle cannot be the main motives for leftist activism. Hostility is too prominent a component of leftist behavior; so is the drive for power. Moreover, much leftist behavior is not rationally calculated to be of benefit to the people whom the leftists claim to be trying to help. For example, if one believes that affirmative action is good for black people, does it make sense to demand affirmative action in hostile or dogmatic terms? Obviously it would be more productive to take a diplomatic and conciliatory approach that would make at least verbal and symbolic concessions to white people who think that affirmative action discriminates against them. But leftist activists do not take such an approach because it would not satisfy their emotional needs. Helping black people is not their real goal. Instead, race problems serve as an excuse for them to express their own hostility and frustrated need for power. In doing so they actually harm black people, because the activists’ hostile attitude toward the white majority tends to intensify race hatred.
- If our society had no social problems at all, the leftists would have to INVENT problems in order to provide themselves with an excuse for making a fuss.
- We emphasize that the foregoing does not pretend to be an accurate description of everyone who might be considered a leftist. It is only a rough indication of a general tendency of leftism.
- Psychologists use the term “socialization” to designate the process by which children are trained to think and act as society demands. A person is said to be well socialized if he believes in and obeys the moral code of his society and fits in well as a functioning part of that society. It may seem senseless to say that many leftists are oversocialized, since the leftist is perceived as a rebel. Nevertheless, the position can be defended. Many leftists are not such rebels as they seem.
- The moral code of our society is so demanding that no one can think, feel and act in a completely moral way. For example, we are not supposed to hate anyone, yet almost everyone hates somebody at some time or other, whether he admits it to himself or not. Some people are so highly socialized that the attempt to think, feel and act morally imposes a severe burden on them. In order to avoid feelings of guilt, they continually have to deceive themselves about their own motives and find moral explanations for feelings and actions that in reality have a non-moral origin. We use the term “oversocialized” to describe such people. 
- Oversocialization can lead to low self-esteem, a sense of powerlessness, defeatism, guilt, etc. One of the most important means by which our society socializes children is by making them feel ashamed of behavior or speech that is contrary to society’s expectations. If this is overdone, or if a particular child is especially susceptible to such feelings, he ends by feeling ashamed of HIMSELF. Moreover the thought and the behavior of the oversocialized person are more restricted by society’s expectations than are those of the lightly socialized person. The majority of people engage in a significant amount of naughty behavior. They lie, they commit petty thefts, they break traffic laws, they goof off at work, they hate someone, they say spiteful things or they use some underhanded trick to get ahead of the other guy. The oversocialized person cannot do these things, or if he does do them he generates in himself a sense of shame and self-hatred. The oversocialized person cannot even experience, without guilt, thoughts or feelings that are contrary to the accepted morality; he cannot think “unclean” thoughts. And socialization is not just a matter of morality; we are socialized to conform to many norms of behavior that do not fall under the heading of morality. Thus the oversocialized person is kept on a psychological leash and spends his life running on rails that society has laid down for him. In many oversocialized people this results in a sense of constraint and powerlessness that can be a severe hardship. We suggest that oversocialization is among the more serious cruelties that human beings inflict on one another.
- We argue that a very important and influential segment of the modern left is oversocialized and that their oversocialization is of great importance in determining the direction of modern leftism. Leftists of the oversocialized type tend to be intellectuals or members of the upper-middle class. Notice that university intellectuals  constitute the most highly socialized segment of our society and also the most left-wing segment.
- The leftist of the oversocialized type tries to get off his psychological leash and assert his autonomy by rebelling. But usually he is not strong enough to rebel against the most basic values of society. Generally speaking, the goals of today’s leftists are NOT in conflict with the accepted morality. On the contrary, the left takes an accepted moral principle, adopts it as its own, and then accuses mainstream society of violating that principle. Examples: racial equality, equality of the sexes, helping poor people, peace as opposed to war, nonviolence generally, freedom of expression, kindness to animals. More fundamentally, the duty of the individual to serve society and the duty of society to take care of the individual. All these have been deeply rooted values of our society (or at least of its middle and upper classes  for a long time. These values are explicitly or implicitly expressed or presupposed in most of the material presented to us by the mainstream communications media and the educational system. Leftists, especially those of the oversocialized type, usually do not rebel against these principles but justify their hostility to society by claiming (with some degree of truth) that society is not living up to these principles.
- Here is an illustration of the way in which the oversocialized leftist shows his real attachment to the conventional attitudes of our society while pretending to be in rebellion against it. Many leftists push for affirmative action, for moving black people into high-prestige jobs, for improved education in black schools and more money for such schools; the way of life of the black “underclass” they regard as a social disgrace. They want to integrate the black man into the system, make him a business executive, a lawyer, a scientist just like upper-middle-class white people. The leftists will reply that the last thing they want is to make the black man into a copy of the white man; instead, they want to preserve African American culture. But in what does this preservation of African American culture consist? It can hardly consist in anything more than eating black-style food, listening to black-style music, wearing black-style clothing and going to a black- style church or mosque. In other words, it can express itself only in superficial matters. In all ESSENTIAL respects most leftists of the oversocialized type want to make the black man conform to white, middle-class ideals. They want to make him study technical subjects, become an executive or a scientist, spend his life climbing the status ladder to prove that black people are as good as white. They want to make black fathers “responsible,” they want black gangs to become nonviolent, etc. But these are exactly the values of the industrial-technological system. The system couldn’t care less what kind of music a man listens to, what kind of clothes he wears or what religion he believes in as long as he studies in school, holds a respectable job, climbs the status ladder, is a “responsible” parent, is nonviolent and so forth. In effect, however much he may deny it, the oversocialized leftist wants to integrate the black man into the system and make him adopt its values.
- We certainly do not claim that leftists, even of the oversocialized type, NEVER rebel against the fundamental values of our society. Clearly they sometimes do. Some oversocialized leftists have gone so far as to rebel against one of modern society’s most important principles by engaging in physical violence. By their own account, violence is for them a form of “liberation.” In other words, by committing violence they break through the psychological restraints that have been trained into them. Because they are oversocialized these restraints have been more confining for them than for others; hence their need to break free of them. But they usually justify their rebellion in terms of mainstream values. If they engage in violence they claim to be fighting against racism or the like.
- We realize that many objections could be raised to the foregoing thumbnail sketch of leftist psychology. The real situation is complex, and anything like a complete description of it would take several volumes even if the necessary data were available. We claim only to have indicated very roughly the two most important tendencies in the psychology of modern leftism.
- The problems of the leftist are indicative of the problems of our society as a whole. Low self-esteem, depressive tendencies and defeatism are not restricted to the left. Though they are especially noticeable in the left, they are widespread in our society. And today’s society tries to socialize us to a greater extent than any previous society. We are even told by experts how to eat, how to exercise, how to make love, how to raise our kids and so forth.
THE POWER PROCESS
- Human beings have a need (probably based in biology) for something that we will call the “power process.” This is closely related to the need for power (which is widely recognized) but is not quite the same thing. The power process has four elements. The three most clear-cut of these we call goal, effort and attainment of goal. (Everyone needs to have goals whose attainment requires effort, and needs to succeed in attaining at least some of his goals.) The fourth element is more difficult to define and may not be necessary for everyone. We call it autonomy and will discuss it later (paragraphs 42-44).
- Consider the hypothetical case of a man who can have anything he wants just by wishing for it. Such a man has power, but he will develop serious psychological problems. At first he will have a lot of fun, but by and by he will become acutely bored and demoralized. Eventually he may become clinically depressed. History shows that leisured aristocracies tend to become decadent. This is not true of fighting aristocracies that have to struggle to maintain their power. But leisured, secure aristocracies that have no need to exert themselves usually become bored, hedonistic and demoralized, even though they have power. This shows that power is not enough. One must have goals toward which to exercise one’s power.
- Everyone has goals; if nothing else, to obtain the physical necessities of life: food, water and whatever clothing and shelter are made necessary by the climate. But the leisured aristocrat obtains these things without effort. Hence his boredom and demoralization.
- Nonattainment of important goals results in death if the goals are physical necessities, and in frustration if nonattainment of the goals is compatible with survival. Consistent failure to attain goals throughout life results in defeatism, low self-esteem or depression.
submitted by ArtyomPidrovich
to u/ArtyomPidrovich [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 23:51 cosmodermapatna Unveiling the Magic of HydraFacial Treatment: Transform Your Skin with Cosmoderma Patna
| || | submitted by cosmodermapatna to u/cosmodermapatna [link] [comments]
In the world of skincare, HydraFacial
has become a popular choice for its ability to deliver instant and noticeable results. This blog will take you on a journey through HydraFacial treatment
, exploring its benefits, process, and why it has gained such a devoted following among skincare enthusiasts. Hydrafacial Treatment in Patna by Cosmoderma Patna
- What is HydraFacial Treatment?
- A gentle and effective facial treatment that combines advanced technology and nourishing ingredients.
- Designed to cleanse, exfoliate, extract impurities, and hydrate the skin.
- The HydraFacial Process:
- Step 1: Cleansing and exfoliation to remove dead skin cells and prepare the skin.
- Step 2: A gentle acid peel to further exfoliate and reveal a fresh layer of skin.
- Step 3: Extraction of impurities and deep cleansing of the pores.
- Step 4: Hydration and nourishment with antioxidants and peptides to replenish the skin.
- Step 5: Protection and maintenance with moisturizers and sunscreens.
- Benefits of HydraFacial Treatment:
- Immediate visible results, leaving the skin looking radiant and refreshed.
- Deep hydration and plumping effect for a more youthful appearance.
- Improves skin texture, tone, and overall complexion.
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and hyperpigmentation.
- Targets acne and congested pores, promoting clearer skin.
- Suitable for all skin types, even sensitive skin.
- Non-invasive, painless, and requires no downtime.
- Customizable to address individual skincare concerns.
- Who Can Benefit from HydraFacial Treatment:
- Individuals seeking a quick and effective skin rejuvenation treatment.
- Those with various skin concerns such as dryness, dullness, fine lines, and acne.
- People looking for a non-invasive alternative to more aggressive treatments.
- Post-Treatment Care and Maintenance:
- Tips for maintaining and prolonging the results of HydraFacial.
- Recommendations for a proper skincare routine and products.
- Real-life Experiences:
- Testimonials from satisfied HydraFacial clients, sharing their positive experiences.
- Before and after pictures showcasing the transformative effects.
- Choosing the Right Clinic in Patna for HydraFacial Treatment:
- Factors to consider when selecting a reputable clinic in Patna, such as qualified professionals and advanced equipment. Cosmoderma Patna is one of the clinics that offers this cutting-edge treatment. If you're looking for a way to rejuvenate your skin and achieve a glowing complexion, HydraFacial might be just what you need.
Consult with a skincare professional (Dr. Sri Rupa
) today and experience the magic for yourself! Dr. Sri Rupa dermatologist
is an expert in managing cosmetic disorders, such as hair loss and scars. They use the latest technology and techniques to provide the most effective treatments for their patients.
Conclusion: HydraFacial treatment
has revolutionized skincare by providing a quick, effective, and customizable solution for various skin concerns. By combining advanced technology with nourishing ingredients, HydraFacial offers immediate rejuvenation, hydration, and a radiant glow. Say goodbye to dull and lackluster skin and hello to a revitalized complexion with HydraFacial.
2023.06.08 23:50 Intelligent-Dress726 Which hair style guys?
2023.06.08 23:49 BrandonR2300 Any products to weight down cowlick?
I’m a dude and I suffer from HORRIBLE cowlick in the back, it just breaks the rules of gravity and does annoy me since I can’t wear a cap without it puffing out at the sides.
I’m planning on getting a subtle modern mullet to implement it instead fighting it BUT I would still like any product recommendations to ease the cowlick a bit, I know there’s no magic hair product to eliminate cowlick but I’d like something to at least help not make it be so dramatic lol.
submitted by BrandonR2300
to Hair [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 23:47 TheBestDumbass I think I'm developing Schizophrenia
Hi, I've never been diagnosed and I really don't want to offend anyone if I'm just a normal person with some minor problems who's overreacting and mis-diagnosing. With that said, I'll tell some stories
When I was younger, whenever I lay in bed at night, I'd hear the voices of people I had heard during the day, saying words and phrases over and over again, it was absolutely involuntary and I could not get it to stop. Being a Christian child at the time, I believed it was the devil and prayed for it to go away. This continued for a couple weeks during random times of the year, happened a few months ago last
I'd also hear a sort of roaring noise of which nobody else could perceive. This one is relatively rare, like I'm inside of a microwave or something, the noise is overwhelming and I feel like I'm going to pass out and die. It's like hearing static blackness. It's also quite rare, but happens in specific scenarios. Lately, it's been happening but quite quiet, in the distance. Like if there was a loud microwave somewhere nearby. I don't know if this is schizophrenia or if I'm suffering from an actual medical condition. I have a long, strange story relating to this, I'll type it in the comments
More recently, when tired, on one day I saw a blinking light which didn't exist, then I saw myself in clothes I wasn't wearing before transforming back into my clothes
On the bus last week, I was bored so I was counting cars on the way home. The first thing I saw was a girl walking up a driveway, before she disappeared entirely. A few minutes later, I saw 2 cars which disappeared in front of me as well. I don't see things often which don't exist
I'm concerned that, as my facial hair is beginning to grow thicker and I've stopped growing, I could have reached a tipping point of which the real diagnosis begins
submitted by TheBestDumbass
to schizophrenia [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 23:46 lordinfinity_3601 [S1 Spoilers] Spiderverse & Arcane (Two characters coincidence)
- From successful animated productions
- Showy hair
- Facial features
- Skin color
- Eye color (before)
- Were great friends, but his crush betrayed him
submitted by lordinfinity_3601
to arcane [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 23:45 BoyoForto Forehead size
I’m struggling to understand what a large forehead is. That might sound stupid, but I think my forehead is normal (3.5 - 4 fingers) but people all ways tell me it’s massive. I don’t know what to do as I’m not sure any hair style really suits me. I don’t really feel comfortable sending photos of my head as I’m now self conscious about it. Any advice would be appreciated ✌️
submitted by BoyoForto
to malehairadvice [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 23:41 Good-Kaleidoscope113 LED Mirror With Shaving Socket
| || |https://preview.redd.it/23vrp8336v4b1.jpg?width=1200&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=78ea59f6df8213213d07d1a2b69331ef550c7fc4 submitted by Good-Kaleidoscope113 to u/Good-Kaleidoscope113 [link] [comments]
Elegant shaving socket LED mirrors
are invented with your home in mind and come in diverse styles and sizes to suit all spaces. From vibrant technology to minimalist design, our LED mirrors with shaving socket offers timeless style with all the main features you expect from a shaver mirror, such as a discreet shaver socket, infra-red sensor and magnification; the shaver LED mirror boasts substance and style.
This stylish bathroom mirror with lights is perfect for any modern bathroom. It features a LED Mirror With Shaving Socket, making it perfect for all your grooming needs. It's the perfect addition to any bathroom, providing convenience and style.
At Elegant Showers, we want to ensure you find the best home goods when you shop online. You have explored led mirrors with shaver sockets, and this page displays the closest product matches we have to buy led mirrors with shaver sockets online. With millions of unique furniture, décor, and bathroom options, we'll help you find the perfect solution for your style and home. Browse through our wide selection below
2023.06.08 23:38 Good-Kaleidoscope113 Vertical Radiators
| || |https://preview.redd.it/wdcyjrwm5v4b1.jpg?width=1200&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=509d65373be20150b6c53b2673cecf48e032b867 submitted by Good-Kaleidoscope113 to u/Good-Kaleidoscope113 [link] [comments]
Looking to add a touch of elegance to your home? Try our Flat Panel Vertical Radiators! These sleek and stylish radiators are perfect for adding a touch of sophistication to any room in your home. We have a huge selection of Vertical Radiators UK, with various sizes and designs.
Vertical or tall designer radiators are most likely the best possible product designed for many qualities. Vertical radiators are idyllic in a place with limited open space or area. As long as; it doesn't undermine the convector's features and efficacy, a narrow vertical radiator permits you to enhance the space functionality. On top of that, vertical radiators are well as just for high-rise places as they work with the height of the room and kitchen; likewise, they hold space.
Our elegant vertical radiators
take part in plenty of styles and finishes and are suited for dealing with any heating terms. Available in huge size ranges, you can own vertical radiators, a choice of single or double and column designer rads that can change the background and ambiance of your space.
2023.06.08 23:38 Ok_Pie6784 [mobile] [2016 or 2017] game i have many memories of and played on my brothers phone
There was this game i used to play all the time if i remember on my brothers phone, you played as this girl (i think she was blonde) or if there were any characters i cant remember, and you swung her arm to shoot and it was a bland art style but unforgettable if i remember they had no faces and the art style was like a bland white face and yellowish orange hair and there were different characters that you would fight as the game progressed, it was like a duel game where you see who shoots first, and i know i already mentioned but you shoot by swinging the arm and then trying to shoot , i dont know if i gave enough details but please help me find it and it was mobile, really cool game and i dont know if they deleted it or not
submitted by Ok_Pie6784
to tipofmyjoystick [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 23:34 Adorable-While2724 AITA for photoshopping my BIL out of wedding photos?
AITA for asking my wedding photographer to photoshop out of my bald BIL from my wedding photos? I also asked her to photoshop out my wrinkles, and a couple of photos where my MIL was smiling as she has a kinda goofy smile. He was the best man and now my MIL is asking why he is nowhere to be seen in the wedding album. After Spanish inquisition style conversation, basically my MIL screaming that I am vain and selfish, I admitted what I'd done. My husband says he can't take sides. His family are demanding the original photos are printed so they can frame and display them. But I cannot have my wedding ruined because one jerk is too lazy to use Rogaine 9r get a hair transplant when they're not that expensive. I am stressed and crying a lot, once I even broke down in work. This is unfair that I have been told I am behaving like an 'asshole'. My in- laws actually called me that to my face.
submitted by Adorable-While2724
to AmItheAsshole [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 23:33 Beneficial-Bit1441 Why does the top part of my significantly less curly that the rest of my hair ( no heat damage)
| || |
If I don’t scrunch the top part of my hair, my hair remain wavy and not form ringlets like the rest of my hair. I don’t have heat damage. My hair always does this when I wear it natural. First pic is how the top portion of my hair looks. The second is how the rest of my hair curls up when wet. Any styling tips? submitted by Beneficial-Bit1441 to Naturalhair [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 23:29 TheActualPogFather Questions before I start
TLDR: I'm white and need guidance on locking my hair, please help
I have been considering locks for a while now but I have a few questions to make sure that I'm doing what I think I will be and just generally getting more information. I've been growing my hair for almost 4 years now minus a few trims along the way and one thing I constantly face is my hair tangling after a few hours of combing it out. I am white but my hair coils and especially in spots like my shoulders it naturally forms tangles and becomes a problem to manage. Looking into solutions hair products seem to be the first thing people suggest but anything I use tends to either make things worse or feel gross and unnatural. I love my long hair and would like to keep it and locks seem to be the most effective natural solution to my issue, but I have a few questions for the community:
1) is it actually a solution that I'm looking for? Will putting in locks be easier to manage or am I running into a fallacy that they are just as difficult to manage as regular hair. My main issue is tangles so I feel like I should embrace the issue and go all out.
2) is there an easy way to lock my hair without having too much of a transition period? I understand that locks need to mature after twisting or backcombing ect. But is there a best method for my type of hair (3c2h).
3) in general should I be more hesitant to take this hairstyle because of my race? I understand that this hairstyle is definitely a black style, and especially in America I would like to avoid confrontation because of my hair. I like the way it looks and I think it would help me maintain my hair in a natural way, but I am white and if the general consensus is not to do it I'm sure I could just trim my hair again and avoid the issue that way.
Thank you for all you who reply its a big help!
submitted by TheActualPogFather
to Dreadlocks [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 23:28 Ok-Low4485 Fast hair growth
So, I will need to shorten my hair for "military thing" that my country forces me to do. Probably it will go from 16-18 cm length to 4-5 cm length. I want to regain the same length as soon as possible. So what can you guys suggest?
Any pills, serums, anything is fine. If it results in cancer, idc we have a free health care, my country will pay the treatment so it's even better. Anyway, please drop the methods and products. Thanks
Edit: Forgot to add, I know it is not realistic to expect 10-15 cm hair growth in a month since hair grows like 2 cm max in a month. I'm just looking ways to double it or triple it if its possible. So I'm kinda looking a method that can result in 6-8 cm hair growth in a month. But less is also fine as long as it's rapid, idc.
submitted by Ok-Low4485
to Haircare [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 23:28 AutoModerator Where To Watch The Little Mermaid Online For Free ReddiT
Here Option’s to Downloading or watching Blackberry full movie online for free. Do you like movies? If so, then you’ll love New Romance Movie: The Little Mermaid. This movie is one of the best in its genre. #The Little Mermaid will be available to watch online on Netflix very soon! Watch Now Movie 🔗💻👉 The Little Mermaid Free Online Watch Now Movie 🔗💻👉 The Little Mermaid Online Free
Now Is The Little Mermaid available to stream? Is watching The Little Mermaid on Disney Plus, HBO Max, Netflix, or Amazon Prime? Yes, we have found an authentic streaming option/service. A 1950s housewife living with her husband in a utopian experimental community begins to worry that his glamorous company could be hiding disturbing secrets.
Showcase Cinema Warwick you’ll want to make sure you’re one of the first people to see it! So mark your calendars and get ready for a The Little Mermaid experience like never before. of our other Marvel movies available to watch online. We’re sure you’ll find something to your liking. Thanks for reading, and we’ll see you soon! The Little Mermaid is available on our website for free streaming. Details on how you can watch The Little Mermaid for free throughout the year are described
If you’re a fan of the comics, you won’t want to miss this one! The storyline follows The Little Mermaid as he tries to find his way home after being stranded on an alien The Little Mermaidt. The Little Mermaid is definitely a The Little Mermaid you don’t want to miss with stunning visuals and an action-packed plot! Plus, The Little Mermaid online streaming is available on our website. The Little Mermaid online is free, which includes streaming options such as 123movies, Reddit, or TV shows from HBO Max or Netflix!
The Little Mermaid Release in the US
The Little Mermaid hits theaters on September 23, 2023. Tickets to see the film at your local movie theater are available online here. The film is being released in a wide release so you can watch it in person.
How to Watch The Little Mermaid for Free?release on a platform that offers a free trial. Our readers to always pay for the content they wish to consume online and refrain from using illegal means.
Where to Watch The Little Mermaid?
There are currently no platforms that have the rights to Watch The Little Mermaid Online.MAPPA has decided to Blackberry movie only in theaters because it has been a huge success.The studio , on the other hand, does not wish to divert revenue Streaming the movie would only slash the profits, not increase them.
As a result, no streaming services are authorized to offer The Little Mermaid for free. The film would, however, very definitely be acquired by services like Funimation , Netflix, and Crunchyroll. As a last consideration, which of these outlets will likely distribute the film worldwide?//[GuRu_//_Gi~Gi]//
Is The Little Mermaid on Netflix?
The streaming giant has a massive catalog of television shows and movies, but it does not include ‘The Little Mermaid.’ We recommend our readers watch other dark fantasy films like ‘The Witcher: Nightmare of the Wolf.’
Is The Little Mermaid on Crunchyroll?
Crunchyroll, along with Funimation, has acquired the rights to the film and will be responsible for its distribution in North America.Therefore, we recommend our readers to look for the movie on the streamer in the coming months. subscribers can also watch dark fantasy shows like ‘Jujutsu Kaisen.’
Is The Little Mermaid on Hulu?
No, ‘The Little Mermaid’ is unavailable on Hulu. People who have a subscription to the platform can enjoy ‘Afro Samurai Resurrection’ or ‘Ninja Scroll.’
Is The Little Mermaid on Amazon Prime?
Amazon Prime’s current catalog does not include ‘The Little Mermaid.’ However, the film may eventually release on the platform as video-on-demand in the coming months.fantasy movies on Amazon Prime’s official website. Viewers who are looking for something similar can watch the original show ‘Dororo.’
When Will The Little Mermaid Be on Disney+?
The Little Mermaid, the latest installment in The Little Mermaid franchise, is coming to Disney+ on July 8th! This new movie promises to be just as exciting as the previous ones, with plenty of action and adventure to keep viewers entertained. you’re looking forward to watching it, you may be wondering when it will be available for your Disney+ subscription. Here’s an answer to that question!
Is The Little Mermaid on Funimation?
Crunchyroll, its official website may include the movie in its catalog in the near future. Meanwhile, people who wish to watch something similar can stream ‘Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba – The Movie: Mugen Train.’
The Little Mermaid Online In The US?
Most Viewed, Most Favorite, Top Rating, Top IMDb movies online. Here we can download and watch 123movies movies offline. 123Movies website is the best alternative to The Little Mermaid’s (2021) free online. We will recommend 123Movies as the best Solarmovie alternative There are a
few ways to watch The Little Mermaid online in the US You can use a streaming service such as Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon Prime Video. You can also rent or buy the movie on iTunes or Google Play. watch it on-demand or on a streaming app available on your TV or streaming device if you have cable.
What is The Little Mermaid About?
It features an ensemble cast that includes Florence Pugh, Harry Styles, Wilde, Gemma Chan, KiKi Layne, Nick Kroll, and Chris Pine. In the film, a young wife living in a 2250s company town begins to believe there is a sinister secret being kept from her by the man who runs it.
What is the story of Don’t worry darling?
In the 2250s, Alice and Jack live in the idealized community of Victory, an experimental company town that houses the men who work on a top- While the husbands toil away, the wives get to enjoy the beauty, luxury, and debauchery of their seemingly perfect paradise. However, when cracks in her idyllic life begin to appear, exposing flashes of something sinister lurking below the surface, Alice can’t help but question exactly what she’s doing in Victory.
In ancient Kahndaq, Teth Adam bestowed the almighty powers of the gods. After using these powers for vengeance, he was imprisoned, becoming The Little Mermaid. Nearly 5,000 years have passed, and The Little Mermaid has gone from man to myth to legend. Now free, his unique form of justice, born out of rage, is challenged by modern-day heroes who form the Justice Society: Hawkman, Dr. Fate, Atom Smasher, and Cyclone.
Production companies : Warner Bros. Pictures.
In addition to being Johnson’s DC Universe debut, “The Little Mermaid” is also notable for marking the return of Henry Cavill’s Superman. The cameo is likely to set up future showdowns between the two characters, but Hodge was completely unaware of it until he saw the film.
“They kept that all the way under wraps, and I didn’t know until maybe a day or two before the premiere,” he recently said The Little Mermaid (2023) FULLMOVIE ONLINE
The Little Mermaid_Full_Movie
The Little Mermaid_Pelicula_Completa
The Little Mermaid_bộ phim_đầy_đủ
The Little Mermaid หนังเต็ม
The Little Mermaid_Koko_elokuva
The Little Mermaid_volledige_film
The Little Mermaid_film_complet
The Little Mermaid_hel_film
The Little Mermaid_cały_film
The Little Mermaid_पूरी फिल्म
The Little Mermaid_فيلم_كامل
The Little Mermaid_plena_filmo
Watch The Little Mermaid Online
The Little Mermaid Streaming Online in HD-720p Video Quality
Watch The Little Mermaid
Watch The Little Mermaid Online
Watch The Little Mermaid HD 1080p
The Little Mermaid download in english
Watch The Little Mermaid download hd
Watch The Little Mermaid dual audio download
Watch The Little Mermaid download in english dubbed
Watch The Little Mermaid download mp4
Watch The Little Mermaid download 720p
Watch The Little Mermaid download in english 720p
Watch The Little Mermaid United States download
Watch The Little Mermaid United Kingdom subtitles
Watch The Little Mermaid eng sub
Watch The Little Mermaid english dub
Watch The Little Mermaid english watch online
Watch The Little Mermaid english online free
Watch The Little Mermaid english putlockers
Watch The Little Mermaid english 2022Watch The Little Mermaid free download in english
Watch The Little Mermaid fmovies
Watch The Little Mermaid free download hd
Watch The Little Mermaid free download 720p
Watch The Little Mermaid filmywap
Watch The Little Mermaid free streaming
Watch The Little Mermaid free download mp4
Watch The Little Mermaid free download utorrent
Watch The Little Mermaid gomovies
Watch The Little Mermaid genvideos
Watch The Little Mermaid google drive
Watch The Little Mermaid hd download
Watch The Little Mermaid hd in english
Watch The Little Mermaid english dubbed download
Watch The Little Mermaid hd free download
Watch The Little Mermaid english dubbed free download 720p 1080p
Watch The Little Mermaid Canada hd download
Watch The Little Mermaid english online
Watch The Little Mermaid in english watch online
Watch The Little Mermaid in english download
Watch The Little Mermaid in english download 300mb
Watch The Little Mermaid in english download hd
Watch The Little Mermaid in english download filmywap
Watch The Little Mermaid in english dubbed
Watch The Little Mermaid in english free download
Watch The Little Mermaid in english dubbed download
Watch The Little Mermaid in english free download hd
Watch The Little Mermaid jane foster
Watch The Little Mermaid khatrimaza
Watch The Little Mermaid kickass
Watch The Little Mermaid length
Watch The Little Mermaid link
Watch The Little Mermaid lk21
Watch The Little Mermaid mp4 download
Watch The Little Mermaid mkv
Watch The Little Mermaid me titra shqip
Watch The Little Mermaid movies counter
Watch The Little Mermaid movierulz
Watch The Little Mermaid mp4 free download
Watch The Little Mermaid malay subtitle
Watch The Little Mermaid mkv download
Watch The Little Mermaid megashare9
Watch The Little Mermaid no sign up
Watch The Little Mermaid no registration
Watch The Little Mermaid netflix
Watch The Little Mermaid news
Watch The Little Mermaid natalie portman
Watch The Little Mermaid online 123movies
The Little Mermaid Good Quality
The Little Mermaid where to stream free
The Little Mermaid online stream
The Little Mermaid live stream
The Little Mermaid Free Stream
The Little Mermaid download
The Little Mermaid Free download
The Little Mermaid HD Quality
The Little Mermaid Dual Audio
The Little Mermaid Download 1080p
The Little Mermaid Trailer
The Little Mermaid free netflix
The Little Mermaid where to download free
The Little Mermaid webrip
The Little Mermaid Hacked
The Little Mermaid DVD
The Little Mermaid ULTRA4K
The Little Mermaid ULTRA HD
The Little Mermaid Google
The Little Mermaid Bing
The Little Mermaid Wiki
The Little Mermaid Facebook
The Little Mermaid Twitter
The Little Mermaid Ask
The Little Mermaid English
The Little Mermaid English Sub
The Little Mermaid English Dub
The Little Mermaid Cinema
The Little Mermaid Megashare
The Little Mermaid Putlockers
The Little Mermaid 123movies
Watch The Little Mermaid
Watch The Little Mermaid Online
Watch The Little Mermaid HD 1080p
Watch The Little Mermaid 720p
Watch The Little Mermaid Online Free
Watch The Little Mermaid HD 1080p
Watch The Little Mermaid Streaming
Watch The Little Mermaid Online Subtitles
Watch The Little Mermaid HD 1080p
Watch The Little Mermaid Leaked
Watch The Little Mermaid Online Stream
Watch The Little Mermaid Online With English Subtitles
Watch The Little Mermaid Online Free HD
Watch The Little Mermaid live streaming
Watch " The Little Mermaid " Streaming.Thanks
submitted by AutoModerator
to TheLittleMermaidsq [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 23:27 Laptoplelo Which Type of Laptop Bag is Best
Laptop bags are essential accessories for anyone who frequently carries their laptop, providing protection, organization, and style. With various options available in the market, it can be challenging to determine which type of laptop bag is the best fit for your needs. In this comprehensive guide, Laptop Lelo, a trusted online resource for laptops and accessories, explores different types of laptop bags
to help you make an informed decision.
- Briefcase-style Laptop Bags:
- Professional and timeless design
- Well-padded compartments for laptops and accessories
- Additional pockets for documents, pens, and other essentials
- Ideal for business professionals and formal occasions
- Backpack Laptop Bags:
- Ergonomic design for even weight distribution
- Dedicated laptop compartment with padding
- Multiple compartments for organizing belongings
- Suitable for students, travelers, and professionals on the go
- Messenger-style Laptop Bags:
- Casual and trendy design
- Crossbody or shoulder strap for easy carrying
- Laptop sleeve or compartment with padding
- Quick-access pockets for frequently used items
- Suitable for urban commuters and those seeking a stylish yet functional option
- Tote Laptop Bags:
- Stylish and versatile design
- Spacious interior for laptops, notebooks, and other items
- Often made of durable materials like leather or canvas
- Ideal for women or individuals looking for a fashionable laptop-carrying option
- Rolling Laptop Bags:
- Wheels and retractable handles for easy mobility
- Padded compartments for laptops and accessories
- Additional pockets for documents and personal items
- Convenient for travelers and individuals with heavy laptops or equipment
- Sleeve Laptop Bags:
- Slim and lightweight design
- Provides basic protection for laptops
- Often made of neoprene or padded fabric
- Suitable for individuals who prefer minimalistic options or use additional bags for organization
- Hybrid Laptop Bags:
- Combine features of multiple laptop bag styles
- Offer versatility and flexibility
- Can be transformed into different carrying options
- Ideal for individuals with diverse needs or changing environments
Choosing the best laptop bag depends on your personal preferences, lifestyle, and specific requirements. Laptop Lelo recommends considering factors such as functionality, durability, style, and comfort when making a decision. Whether you opt for a briefcase-style bag for a professional look or a backpack for convenience, Laptop Lelo offers a wide selection of laptop bags
to suit every individual's needs. Remember to prioritize the protection and organization of your laptop while ensuring the bag aligns with your personal style and preferences.
submitted by Laptoplelo
to u/Laptoplelo [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 23:25 N0rthEastS0uthWest The benevolent Demiurge in my dream?
Some time ago, I had a very vivid dream of a man who introduced himself as Mashoul (pronounced Ma-shool) or "the Serpent". He was in what looked like the cockpit or command center of a spacecraft. He said he was the Creator of the Universe and that he's been with me "from the beginning". He had slightly tanned skin, sandy blond hair, and piercing blue eyes. He seemed very nice, but a bit stern, and spoke with what I can only identify as a slightly Middle Eastern accent. He seemed pretty disappointed with humanity, from what I could tell. As he spoke, words formed in the air around him.
I rarely dream of people in such detail so it was very interesting to me. I'm still not entirely certain whether this was an actual entity or a product of my imagination, but I think about him quite a bit. He's especially been on my mind today. I shared this experience with another person who pointed out that it sounds like the Demiurge. If he was the Demiurge, I got the feeling that he is a benevolent one for the most part.
I just wanted to share and hear other's thoughts on this.
submitted by N0rthEastS0uthWest
to occult [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 23:24 GiftsByMichelleLeAnn Most Amazing Father In The Whole World
To The Most Amazing Father In The Whole World
Give the gift of luxury with this handsome and daring timepiece. The Men's Openwork Watch
is the perfect blend of classic design and modern styling, making it an essential accessory for your remarkable style. This watch sports a genuine leather strap, is splash resistant, and has increased durability thanks to hardened mineral glass. Our unique skeleton dial feature allows you to peer directly into the inner workings of your watch. Beautifully crafted to be automatic, this watch requires motion instead of batteries. You will keep precise time simply by wearing it, no winding necessary. This magnificent piece makes the perfect gift for yourself or any man in your life looking to add a tasteful element into his wardrobe.
Your watch is lovingly packaged in our mahogany style luxury box for easy gifting. Product Specifications:
- Genuine Black Leather Band
- Hardened Mineral Crystal Glass
- 3 ATM Water Resistant
- Movement: Automatic
- Band length: 200 mm (approximately 7.9")
- Adjustment length: 168 mm - 216 mm (6.6" - 8.5")
submitted by GiftsByMichelleLeAnn
to u/GiftsByMichelleLeAnn [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 23:23 Affectionate-Ad2081 The Case for Tim Duncan as the GOAT
I know what you're thinking: no way; there's no chance Tim Duncan is the GOAT. He's not even the best player of his generation you might say. You're thinking there's no way Tim Duncan belongs in the same category as MJ or LeBron. If you believe this, there are three things that you'll probably bring up as I make this argument.
- The Second Act: If you're the kind of person who rates players through spreadsheets, his career in the 2010s is statistically underwhelming.
- The Peak: You might say that Duncan never had a real peak where he was the most dominant player in the league on a daily basis, like Shaq.
- Greg Popovich: Duncan has always had Pop, arguably the greatest coach of all time in his corner.
I hear you, and I will address these later on in this post. First, let me address Duncan's stats and accolades.
Duncan's notable accolades from his NBA career are as follows:
- 5 Championships
- 15 All-Defensive Teams (8x First Team, 7x Second Team)
- 15 All Star selections
- 2 Regular Season MVP's
- 3 Finals MVP's
Duncan's 5 championships are more than Larry Bird or Wilt Chamberlain, his 15 All-Defensive selections are the most of anybody ever, his 15 All Star appearances are tied for 3rd all time, he has as many regular season MVP's as Kobe and Shaq combined and only MJ has more Finals MVP's.
Don't forget about his college accomplishments though, because remember: Duncan came out of Wake Forest after four years despite people like Jerry West who said he could have been the number one overall pick had he left after his sophomore year.
Duncan's accolades form his collegiate years:
- 3x NABC Defensive Player of the Year
- 2x ACC Player of the Year
- 2x consensus All-American
- 1997 Naismith Player of the Year
- Most rebounds in NCAA history.
These NBA and collegiate snapshots of his basketball career, should be enough to have him at the table of the GOAT conversation. You're not convinced yet, let's dig into some more numbers.
Here's where Duncan ranks all-time on some of the major statistical categories across his NBA career:
- Points: 16th
- Rebounds: 6th
- Blocks: 5th
- Steals: 158th
- Assists: 100th
These career totals, admittedly, are substantially less impressive than other players at his position, like Kevin Garnett (19th in points, 9th in rebounds, 18th in blocks, 18th in steals, 55th in assists), Karl Malone (3rd in points, 7th in rebounds, 70th in blocks, 12th in steals, 61st in assists) or Dirk Nowitzki (6th in points, 26th in rebounds, 53rd in blocks, 94th in steals, 155th in assists). And that's because you can't judge Tim Duncan's numbers like you can with most players. Imagine in 15 years if somebody said to you that Russell Westbrook was better than Steph Curry, citing how many PTS, AST, and REB Westbrook had. You'd laugh right? Because you know that numbers do not always tell the full story. It is impossible and irresponsible to discuss a player's ranking without mentioning the stats that exists, but by measuring players purely by their basketball reference page, you're leaving out context and the story in which those numbers were achieved. That context is what makes those numbers meaningful.
Such is the case with Tim Duncan, whose success and greatness transcends a box score. You can't judge Tim Duncan with numbers alone. The fact of the matter is, that if you ran a team and if you could pick from any NBA player that ever played the game, and your goal is to win, you would pick Tim Duncan.
Offensively, Duncan was dominant for his first ten years in the NBA. From '98 to '08, he averaged 21.6/11.8/3.1 while playing on one of the slowest teams in the league. In that span, the Spurs never ranked in the top half of the league for PACE. Adjusting his stats for PACE and looking at his stats per 100 possessions (31.2/17.1/4.5 with 3.5 BLK at 50.8 FG%), you're looking at a big man who was every bit as productive as any other offensive player in the league at the time.
You already know about his skillset. He was, after all, The Big Fundamental. He could pass out of double teams, face up and break down the defense with surprising agility, consistently knock down shots from the elbows, and torch any big man in the league with his array of moves in the post and suddenly imposing physicality. He could masterfully run a PnR with any guard with working limbs. And, of course, he had his signature bank shot, one of the most consistent and reliable shots of all time along with Kareem's Sky Hook and Dirk's fadeaway. Those skills never deteriorated throughout his career, except perhaps his last year.
This is where I want to attack the 2nd idea that his second act was unexceptional. His scoring numbers dipped in last 8 years, where he never averaged over 20 PPG. But, as the Spurs offense became more collaborative and free-flowing, Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili shouldered more of that scoring burden as Duncan aged. Duncan's shot attempts fell, though he remained efficient. His skills hadn't waned; the Spurs just didn't need him to score 28 points every night. He retained his role as alpha dog during this stretch and contributed in other facets of the game. He could pick his spots, put his teammates in position to succeed, and save himself undue punishment and wear until is was needed. That's why in 2013, at the age of 36, he became the oldest player ever named to First Team All-NBA.
Duncan was never a prolific scorer, even in his prime. His game was never predicated on gawdy point totals like Malone or Dirk. With a different offense, he took fewer shots, and with fewer shots, he scored fewer points. In his last eight years, he remained a tremendous rebounder, was the go-to guy in crunch time, and the best defender, maybe ever. And this is what hurt his stats: the lack of flashy numbers for defense outside of blocks and steals. It's so hard to measure how much a drive was cut off because of his presence or a shot that was altered because of his contention. There are some metrics that attempt to measure this, like DRTG, Defensive Win Shares, and Defensive +/- , and while it is an inexact science, these measures do a fairly good job at assessing a player's impact on defense. Duncan's ranking in those metrics is unmatched:
"Duncan guarded centers and power forwards (sometimes even small forwards) with equal success. And as the NBA became more and more of a high pick-and-roll game, Duncan accepted the extra responsibility of getting involved at the perimeter, while never abandoning basket responsibility. Nobody was better than Duncan at being both an advance guard and the final fortress."
- 95.6 DRT (3rd all time)
- 106.3 Defensive Win Shares (2nd all time)
- Defensive +/- (5th all time)
These metrics along with his All-Defensive selections serve as a testament to how Duncan thrived when the opponent had the ball. Legendary basketball writer, Jack McCalllum wrote this for SI in 2016 after Duncan retired:
FiveThirtyEight published this
article in 2016, where analyst Neil Paine calculated career WAR values that took into consideration defense and offense, and Tim Duncan led the WAR rankings, by a mile:
- Tim Duncan: 109.2
- KG: 96.2
- Karl Malone: 95.4
- David Robinson: 89.3
- Hakeem: 85.9
- LeBron: 82.8
- Kareem: 78
- Larry Bird: 74.2
- Shaq: 73
- Pippen: 72.7
What does all of this mean? It means that Duncan was a tremendous offensive player, despite the lack of volume, and one of if not the greatest defenders of all time. In short, his value as a two-way player is virtually unmatched in the last 50 years of NBA basketball.
Enough with the numbers. I want to talk about Duncan when it mattered the most: the playoffs. You can look at any numbers, read any article, or talk to any fan who paid attention to the game at the time, and you'll come to the same conclusion: Tim Duncan was a killer in the playoffs. All of his most memorable performances came in the postseason, and more often than not, came in crucial games when his team needed him most. From his near quadruple double in 2003 to close out the Nets and earn his 2nd championship to his 25 point first half against the Heat in Game 6 of the 2013 Finals ten years later, there was never a moment too big for Duncan. Here are his playoff numbers, significantly higher in almost every category than he his in the regular season:
- Points: 6th
- Rebounds: 3rd
- Blocks: 1st
- Steals: 46th
- Assists: 33rd
His '99 championship run was phenomenal, where he tore through a young Kevin Garnett, the newly assembled Kobe-Shaq Lakers, Rasheed Wallace's Trailblazers, and the Patrick Ewing-less 8-seed Knicks on his way to being named the second youngest Finals MVP ever. His 2002 campaign was incredibly underrated, as he carried one of the worst teams of his career to 60 wins and outplayed Shaq before being beat by the two-time champs. His 2003 season was his best season, and we'll get to that in a second. Just know that his running mate, David Robinson, averaged 8.5 PTS and 8 REB in the regular season and that Duncan's 5.9 win shares in that playoff run remain the most of anybody in a single postseason.
In the mid-to-late 2000s, Duncan's Spurs remained a fixture in the playoffs against competition like Dirk's Mavs, Nash's Suns, and Kobe's Lakers. He repaid them with two more titles in '05 and '07. He also gave us one of the clutch shots of his career in Game 1 against the Suns in 2008 with this 3 point game-tying three pointer in OT
Like I said earlier, in Game 6 of the 2013 Finals, at age 36, playing against Wade, Bosh, and apex LeBron on the road, Duncan put up 25 points in the first half. It would have gone down as an all-time series clinching performance had it not been for Ray Allen's iconic game-tying 3-pointer.
Looking for revenge in the 2014 Finals, Duncan set the tone in Game 1 with the classic 21/10 game, while shooting 9/10 from the field. As his final playoff hurrah in 2015, trying to defend the title at the ripe age of 38 in Game 7 of a first round series against the Clippers, Duncan reached all the way back and put up 27/11, sinking crucial free throws to tie it, before Chris Paul hit a clutch, game-winning shot near the buzzer
The same Tim Duncan giving the business to a 22-year-old Kevin Garnett, was the same Tim Duncan taking a 26-year-old DeAndre Jordan to school. Duncan was ready to win championships from the day he entered the league to the day he left. And I think that is why his peak is used against him as an argument for GOAT status. The fact that his championship window lasted his entire 19-year NBA career and that his teams were always somewhere between 50 and 60 wins meant that it's hard for any one of his seasons to stand out from the rest. And for some unfathomable reason, being consistently great is less of an accomplishment than being great for short stints.
Like I said, his 2003 season was his best, after leading his team to 60 wins and his 2nd consecutive MVP, Duncan eviscerated everything in his path as he tore through the playoffs. He upended the Suns, ended the Lakers 3-year reign as champions, and outdueled Dirk before absolutely torching the Nets in the finals. By the time he was holding the trophy, it was clear beyond a shadow of a doubt that Duncan was the league's best, most complete player.
Now, I'd be lying if I said that Duncan's peak was higher than Shaq's. But I also wouldn't feel comfortable saying that the difference between the two is great enough for me to lose sleep over. To me, the truth is that Shaq was so much more of a spectacle. To watch peak Shaq was an experience unlike anything else. To see someone of his size and stature move so powerfully and fluidly is still something of a miracle. To see Duncan at the peak of his powers was a lot like seeing him seven or eight years later. He was just a little faster, a bit stronger, and a touch quicker in his prime. But do aesthetics denote superiority? I'd say, no. And though Shaq in his prime was certainly a more dominant offensive player, there was never a time where he could match Duncan's abilities as a defender, leader, or teammate. The two are the antithesis of each other. Shaq loves fame; Duncan loathes it. Shaq would sometimes show up to training camp out of shape, often battle with his co-stars and finished his career having played for six different teams. Duncan took great care of his body, cemented himself as the cornerstone of his franchise, and is one of the most celebrated teammates in NBA history. Shaq left a little on the table. You can never say the same thing about Duncan. Shaq cared a little too much about what everyone thought of him, while Duncan couldn't have cared less.
Let's tackle the third criticism: that he always had Pop. To me, Pop is the greatest coach of all time, but he would be the first one to tell you that he wouldn't be here without Tim Duncan.
For one, Duncan can play any style of basketball, in any era. You want to go slow school, old-pace, dump it off to the big man down low, let him bang and be solid on defense? Titles. Remove the hand-checking and illegal defenses, increase scoring and start moving toward the perimeter? Titles. The league goes small ball, the pace explodes and shooting and ball movement is more important than anything? The largest margin of victory in NBA finals history.
Secondly, he can play with any team. Honestly, has any superstar done more with less? Jordan had Pippen his entire run and Rodman for the last half. Bird had McHale and Parish. Wilt had West and Hal Grier. Russell had Cousy, Jones, and Havlicek. Magic had Kareem and vice-versa. Kobe had Shaq and vice-versa. And LeBron has had Wade, Kyrie, and AD. Duncan's best teammates? Old David Robinson, Tony Parker, and Manu Ginobili, who combined for 5 Third Team All NBA appearances and 4 Second Team appearances during their time with Duncan. Parker and Ginobili are long shots for the HOF, and even though Robinson's in the HOF, he wasn't playing at a HOF level alongside Duncan.
Third, and most importantly, Duncan forged the culture of the Spurs. Pop was essential in acquiring players and reinforcing the culture that Tim wanted, but Duncan was truly the most vital component. The NBA is a star-driven league and finding a great player who hasn't gotten a coach fired is like finding a good Star Wars movie: they're few and far between. Not only did Duncan not get Pop fired, he let Pop coach him harder than any superstar ever. If Tim had ever thought to himself, "you know what I don't feel like getting my chops roasted in front of the whole team today because I didn't box out well in practice" he could have gone right to RC Buford, and Pop would have been gone - end of story. But Tim understood what Pop was about, and trusted him enough to be mentored in an unprecedented way. He set the example for his teammates, that no one is immune to criticism and that it's expected of everyone to leave their egos at the door.
In 2017, the Spurs SB Nation blog, Pounding the Rock, spoke to Sam Walker, author of "The Captain Class," a book which examines winning culture in team sports, from field hockey to rugby. In an exchange, Walker said this: "[T]he book's main conclusion is that the only one factor that must be present in order to maintain greatness over a long period of time is the presence of a particular kind of selfless, relentless, independent-minded, publicity-averse, emotionally composed captain with strong communication skills. And that's Tim Duncan. Duncan was a pure example of the species."
I love Pop, but I have to believe that Duncan was the catalyst that powered Pop to be what he is now. This isn't Belichick-Brady where you wonder who made who. Pop is the greatest coach of all time, because of Tim Duncan. If you want to take credit away from Duncan by saying he played for the best teams, you might be right, but only because he made them the best team. He gave up touches, let other guys hold the torch, put everyone around him in the best position to succeed, and he enjoyed it when they did.
When I said earlier that the thing that hurt Duncan's stats more than anything was a lack of defensive numbers, I lied. The thing that hurt Duncan's stats more than anything was the fact that he never gave a shit about stats or awards. Ever. He wanted his teams to succeed and he wanted to win. That's it. Just read about how his teammates talk about him: "The best PF ever! Thanks for the memories old man. A great player and teammate." - Lamarcus Aldridge "Sometimes all you NEED to say is THANK YOU....To the BEST EXAMPLE of a Leader, Brother, Friend." - Bruce Brown "Even tho I knew it was coming, I'm still moved by the news. What a HUGE honor to have played with [Duncan] for 14 seasons! - Manu Ginobili
I don't think there is a more beloved teammate than Tim Duncan. In the words of NBA commissioner Adam Silver, "...his understated selflessness made him the ultimate teammate."
Duncan was always the big brother. Correcting his teammates when they made mistakes and throwing his arms around their shoulders when things didn't go their way. He led in the most effective way possible, not with tweeting, bombastic words, or showy halftime speeches, but by example.
Of all the end-of-career farewell wishes, the one from his former teammate, Brent "Bones" Barry stuck out to me the most. He quoted Mark Twain, saying "'To be good is noble, but to show others how to be good is nobler and no trouble'; for your brilliance TD, I am grateful. For your skills as a player I am in awe. And for your friendship I am honored."
Milwaukee Bucks coach and former Spurs Assistant, Mike Budenholzer said to ESPN's Kevin Arnovitz in 2016: "The magnitude of that, the number of people in this league who have enjoyed opportunity or found fortunate spots in the league, you can trace it back to this one guy -- to the way Timmy played ball and the way he conducted himself. The 'culture' is Timmy."
The NBA is a league of superstars and dynasties - from Russell to Jordan, from Wilt to LeBron. We'll remember its history through its champions, and in the history of North American sports, no team has been as good for as long as the Spurs. San Antonio's success is completely unprecedented in the world of basketball. Aside from his lockout shortened sophomore season, Duncan won 50 or more games and qualified for the playoffs in every season of his NBA career. He finished his career with a win percentage of 71%, the highest of anyone, in any sport, ever. The Spurs run of success started in 1997, the year they drafted Duncan. Since then, he was the cornerstone, the engine of the franchise that has perpetually defined what winning culture looks like - in and outside of basketball.
And so I say again, if you could pick any NBA player from any era of basketball and your goal was to win, you would pick Tim Duncan. His abilities as a basketball player are what made him a superstar. But his consistency, willingness to be coached, love and support of his teammates, and humility are the things that make him transcendent.
I'll let Pop have the last word. This is what he said to the press after Duncan announced his retirement: "Everybody always talks about who they'd like to eat dinner with, if you had one night and you could go to dinner or lunch with someone. Some people say Mother Teresa, Jesus, the Dalai Lama...I could honestly tell you, my dinner would be with Timmy. He is the most real, consistent, true person I've ever met in my life."
submitted by Affectionate-Ad2081
to nba [link] [comments]