All things Pueblo, Colorado and surrounding areas.
Animals are conscious like us. Here we discuss animal intelligence, emotion and consciousness.
A subreddit dedicated to all things Colorado Springs, CO. Subscribe to see what our city has to offer!
: There will be no further updates to this timeline. This timeline was created when there was no "official" timeline presented. Over the course of the trial that changed. Further, Sunzu created the most comprehensive timeline available. I encourage you, as below, to look into their timeline and the testimony yourself. This timeline has served its' purpose in being a rough outline and I appreciate you for reading. IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ
: The only reason this post is possible is because of the dedication of u/sunzusunzusunzusunzu
to this case from the start. The only reason I am able to provide this outline is because of their transcriptions of the court case which will be linked here. Please utilize her trial day summaries and her website for details, specific texts, and specific dialogue.
Please note, this timeline is only meant to be a rough sketch; this post should only be used as reference. Please check original source materials yourself.
I will NOT update this post while transcription is ongoing or without two or more days passing to preserve the purpose of the daily threads. This post will be updated when time allows.
This post should only be used as reference. Please check original source materials yourself.
For more information regarding Letecia's activities on January 27th, see this
timeline from the police affidavit and other linked resources on the sub Trial Day 1
by Sunzu. This, and subsequent days, are linked in the sidebar.
Nicole Mobley Testimony by Sunzu Part One Part Two Arrest Affidavit
Master Post by Sunzu Contemporary Timeline
by Crime Online Another Contemporary Timeline
by US News Corporation, ABC Contemporary Article, 2021
from Local News, KOAA. You can scroll down the page to a gray box you can zoom in and out on to see their own timeline of developments and articles through 2021. You can also click on the tag "Gannon Stauch Case" for all related articles. Court developments with Letecia are also here. At the time of this writing, there's no plan to include a timeline of every legal development following Letecia's incarceration
The presence of [...] in the timeline indicates Google searches conducted by Letecia that can be found in this comment
-- September 20th, 1982
- Eugene Albert "Al" Stauch is born August 4th,1983
- Letecia Hardin (Stauch) is born May 1st, 2002
- Harley Hunt, Letecia's daughter, is born Circa 2003
- Al and Landen begin dating Circa 2005
- Al and Landen marry September 29th, 2008
- Gannon Stauch is born four months premature and receives prolonged medical care. Circa 2008
- Letecia and Chance Hunt, Harley's father, separate Circa November 2010
- Letecia is first employed with Horry County School District (source
) January 22nd, 2012
- Laina is born prematurely Circa 2013
- Al and Letecia meet; they play softball together. Al does not have custody of the children; he shares custody. They live in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. January 2014
- Al and Letecia begin dating; Al later says they started dating in Spring/Summer 2014.
He is separated from Landen at this time. Circa 2014
- Al meets Harley; Letecia and Al move to Charleston, South Carolina, with Harley and Gannon and Laina visit. September 2014
- Al and Landen are legally separated. October 2nd, 2014
- Chance Hunt, Harley's father, dies of a drug overdose. He and Letecia have been separated / divorced. January 2015
- Al and Letecia marry June 29th, 2015 -
Letecia resigns from her teaching position with Horry County. Circa 2015
- The family moves back to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina where they own a home. May 11th, 2016
- Letecia's teaching license is suspended in North Carolina following conflicts between her and the district ; the official reason is job abandonment. June 9th, 2016
- Al takes a new assignment in Alaska Circa 2017
- Al moves to Alaska by himself; the kids visit him in the summer. Landen has custody most of the year. Letecia was unhappy with Al's career move March 2017
- Al petitions for modified custody; Al seeks more custody of the kids as he feels Landen's home is less safe due to suspected drug activity and the history of her new partner. March 2018
- A new custody arrangement is approved by the courts. Circa 2018 - 2019
- Letecia greatly dislikes Alaska. She tells Harley they are going to have a last dinner together because she has "already taken them" (assumed to be pills). The next day, Letecia is alive and they don't speak of this incident again.
- While visiting Al, Letecia is allegedly sexually harassed by his fellow soldiers. She files a complaint. The situation is handled by reassigning Al to Colorado. January 2019
- The family moves from Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Letecia and Harley move first with Laina and Gannon following. January 2019
- Letecia, Gannon, and Laina move to a rental home in Colorado Springs. February 2019
- Al moves to Colorado Springs for the first time to be with the family May 2019
- Al cuts off the tip of a finger while woodworking. He receives a prescription for hydrocodone which he does not finish and keeps in his nightstand. Circa 2019
- Gannon and Laina enter counseling. Gannon's therapy is focused on dealing with "his issues" with Letecia which include him allegedly threatening her. Fall 2019 - Winter 2020
- Letecia is "paranoid" about an alleged car accident she was in involving a hit and run. Police say it wasn't her (?)
- Letecia claims that there has been a burglary at the home; she later says she made this up
-Letecia is employed with French Elementary School
-Letecia is having struggles with her job; Leticia is seeing a doctor for mental health issues. Al goes to one appointment with her.
-The family acquires two bulldog puppies named Sadie and Chance.
-The family celebrates an early Christmas; Gannon and Laina are with their mother for the holidays
-Letecia, having introduced herself as Harley on Facebook, meets neighbor Nicole Mobley to give her free clothes
-Letecia begins training to be flight attendant and takes a trip just after Christmas for this purpose.
-Letecia will later state that she couldn't make it to training because she couldn't find anyone to watch the kids as Al works at night; she is re-scheduled for February (2020). Early January 2020
- Laina and Gannon return from their mother's home.
- Al and Letecia go on a trip alone to Florida for their anniversary; Letecia hires a babysitter for all of the kids. January 16th, 2020
- Leslie Hicks, assistant principal of Mountain Ridge Middle School at the time, reaches out to Letecia regarding her interest in a resource teacher position for kids in special education or who have an IEP. January 18th(ish) 2020
- Al's mother comes to stay with the family; Letecia and Al have tension January 22nd, 2020
- Letecia is due to come in for her interview at the middle school; she begins her trial period working with students. January 24th, 2020
- Gannon is in school this day.
- Al speaks with Landen as part of their routine.
- Letecia is notified by the school district that they will not be hiring her following a check of her references and resume. (source
) (Editor's note
: This could be the school district retroactively covering themselves; however the assistant principal last saw Letecia working this day and may not have known about her job status on the morning of the 27th) January 25th, 2020
- Al works during the day.
- Al speaks with Landen as part of their routine.
- After work and a family dinner, Al drives his mother to the airport; sleeps at the airport overnight for his flight the next morning January 26th, 2020
- Al leaves for two weeks of training in Oklahoma
- 2 PM, Letecia, Gannon, and Laina go for a nature hike and take a selfie ; Harley is called into work unexpectedly and can't join them.
- Approx 4:20 PM, they allegedly leave the hike early because Gannon has stomach issues.
- 5:48 PM, they have returned home
- Unknown timing. "Gannon" texts with Al about his stomach issues. He asks Al if they have "bath salts" and Al believes he means bath salts, the drug. He texts Letecia to hide their bathing items. Al tells "Gannon" he can not go over to play at the house of the "friend" who invited him over on the condition he bring bath salts.
- Sometime in the late evening the "candle incident" occurs and Letecia records the aftermath. (See this comment
by Sunzu for more information)
- Letecia texts Harley about the incident; Harley texts back when she can.
- 10:45 PM, Harley returns home from work; she only sees Gannon sleeping in his room. Letecia, Harley, and Laina all sleep upstairs. January 27th, 2020
- At 2:48 AM, Letecia texts Al about Gannon not feeling well
-At 3 AM, Letecia texts her boss (the assistant principal) that her step-father has died and she won't be able to come into work.
-Letecia calls or texts Al about a candle being spilled and Gannon being ill early in the morning
-Morning, Letecia calls Gannon's school and says he will be out sick that day.
- 7:20 AM, Harley wakes up and can't find Letecia and texts her to ask if she's at the house.
-Letecia texts Al a picture of Gannon sleeping at 8:18 AM
-Harley leaves for work around 8 AM and clocks in at 8:30 AM
- 9 AM, Letecia texts Harley a picture of Sadie the dog.
- 9:27 AM, Letecia sends Harley screenshots of her conversation with Al regarding "Gannon's" request for bath salts.
-Letecia locks her phone at 9:56 AM and leaves it at home
-Letecia and Gannon leave at 10:12 AM to do errands in Al's Nissan Frontier.
- 10:27 AM, "Gannon" texts Harley to reach out to his phone if she needs them because Letecia left her phone at the house.
-Letecia completes a purchase at Petco at 11:22 AM
- Al texts Gannon's phone at 12:06 PM, it goes unread.
- 1:20 PM, "Gannon" texts Harley that he misses her; she texts back.
- 1:21 PM, "Gannon" reads Al's prior message and asks if he can play Zelda on his Switch, which he is grounded from. Al says no.
- Letecia returns to Petco a second time at 1:22 PM
- 1:43 PM, "Gannon" searches “can my parents find my cell phone if.its off” from his phone.
-Letecia (and Gannon) return to the home 2:22 PM
-Letecia unlocks her phone at 2:45 PM
-Laina returns home from school at 3:15 PM. She is told by Letecia that Gannon is ill but she can't see him. She is told to stay outside and play.
- 3:55 PM, Al texts Gannon again, it goes unread; Gannon's phone continues to be used, presumably by Letecia
-4:00 PM Harley leaves work andhome at 4:27 PM; she takes Laina with her to pick up cleaning supplies requested by Letecia at 4:51 PM.
-Evening, Leticia reports Gannon missing at 6:55 PM to the emergency line; 7:02 PM to the non-emergency line. Because Gannon is 11, he is classified as a runaway.
- Harley is in her car looking for Gannon from around 7 PM; Letecia is communicating with Al about the situation.
- Harley and others are still out looking through 9 PM
- Approximately four hours after the initial call about Gannon, detectives arrive and do an initial walkthrough.
-Evening, Al finishes classes and sees Letecia's texts about Gannon missing.
-Evening, Nicole Mobley reaches out to Letecia on Facebook to get an idea on where to look for Gannon and is blocked.
-Unknown Date - Nicole Mobley creates a fake profile on Facebook which Letecia begins interacting with January 28th, 2020
- 6:21 AM, Letecia texts Harley not to open the door for anyone
- Morning, the community is already raising awareness and looking at their security footage to help with the search.
- Leticia leaves the family home at 8:13 AM
-Letecia's VW Tiguan is parked at the airport at 8:30 AM
-Letecia rents a Kia Rio
- 8:48 AM, Harley and Letecia text; Harley calls out of work for the day
-Al returns to Colorado and is picked up by Letecia at 8:50 AM
-Harley's vehicle, a Jetta, is parked at the family home at 8:51 AM
- Unknown timing: Landen arrives in Colorado and stays with the family; Al's mother and sister also arrive and stay in Gannon's room. Landen's brother is also there.
- Around 1 PM, Al and Letecia meet with detectives at Starbucks for an hour long interview.
-Al and Letecia explain prior events; that Gannon stayed home due to stomach issues, was upset about the "candle incident" and was asking about bath salts. The describe Gannon as a homebody who is a straight-A student.
-Al says Gannon's Nintendo Switch (a gaming system) is missing.
-They give detectives Gannon's phone.
- Around 3:45 PM, Letecia's location becomes unknown for the rest of the day.
- At approximately 4:00 PM, investigators first ask for Gannon's toothbrush.
- Letecia tells Harley via text not to open the door for anyone.
- 4:30 PM, Al is at the sheriff's office for further interviews; Letecia does not join him.
- 4:50 PM, Harley tells Letecia that tAl told her (Harley) that Letecia needs to come to his location.
- From 5 to 5:30 PM (approximately) Letecia and Harley text back and forth about where Letecia needs to go, what is happening at the house, and what Al is saying to Harley. Letecia's location is unknown.
- At 5:45 PM the investigators call Letecia to ask for Gannon's toothbrush so that they can get his DNA profile
- 6:00 PM, Letecia calls investigators, call content unrecorded. They discuss the home-life of the family.
- Letecia states that she could not come in for an in-person interview because her stomach issues were causing her to use public toilets.
- 6:12 PM to 6:30 PM (approximately). Letecia texts Harley about whats happening at the house; Al gives an interview to the media as he's returned from the police station. Letecia's location is unknown.
-Letecia's absence is noted by Al and the family; they tell detectives; they look for her Tiguan at French Elementary School; Letecia had told him that that was where her Tiguan was when she picked him up at the airport in the rental car (Al is not aware that she is no longer employed at French Elementary). Al comes in for another interview.
-Letecia parks the Kia at the airport but keeps the keys.
-Letecia picks up her parked Tiguan at the airport at 7:00 PM
- Letecia calls a detective (Bethel) at 7:03 PM to express her anger that Harley was left alone with male investigators who were dropping off Laina.
-7:21 PM, detectives arrive at the home and want to speak with Harley; Harley texts with Letecia about what she should do.
- 7:37 PM, detectives check Mesa Ridge High School for the Tiguan; they later search parking lots at the airport.
- 8:15 PM, Al texts Letecia, it goes unread until 9:54 PM
-Letecia's car is driving from 8:30 PM to 10:20 PM
- 9:55 PM, Harley and Letecia have a phone call about the detectives who are still outside. Letecia advices Harley to leave the house / leave with Laina and not tell investigators where she is going.
-Investigators arrive at the family home at 10:00 PM to take photos and collect evidence; Harley is the only grown person there.
- 10:02 PM, Harley is stopped from leaving and is asked some questions by detectives.
- 10:05 PM, via text, Letecia asks Harley if anyone asked where she was.
- Some detectives pick up Laina and take her to Al.
- 10:23 PM, Letecia and Harley have a phone call. Letecia tells Harley to meet up with her because they will stay at a hotel that night.
- Harley's phone leaves the house at 10:26 PM
- Starting at 10:45 PM, Letecia texts Detective Bethel about her issues with the investigation and that she feels like she's being set up.
- Harley is trying to get into contact with Letecia, who hasn't arrived at the hotel, until 11:30 PM
- Letecia parks her Tiguan near Harley's work in the hotel parking lot; Harley picks her up and they return to the family home.
- Starting at 11:52 PM, Letecia has a call with Detective Bethel regarding Harley's treatment (and the aforementioned grievances) January 29th, 2020
-Letecia texts with Harley from 1:30 AM to approximately 2:00 AM
-Letecia tells Al the first iteration of her story of being assaulted by the man who took Gannon; Al has his mother and sister leave Gannon's room and collects all of the weapons in the house and locks them in his truck.
-Morning, Letecia asks Detective Bethel if they could talk in person as Letecia had something she needed to tell Bethel. They arrange to meet at the sheriff's office at 10:00 AM.
- Harley has work on this day; she and Letecia leave together around 8 AM.
-Letecia returns the keys to the Kia Rio at 9:00 AM; detectives search the car shortly after.
- Harley and Leticia drive to Harley's work and Harley clocks in; Letecia retrieves her Tiguan
- Investigators continue their work at the family home.
- Letecia has a scheduled interview with law enforcement at 10:00 AM.
- Letecia is at a car wash with her VW Tiguan at 11:30 AM.
- Letecia texts Detective Bethel that she is late because she needs to handle the death threats her family is receiving
- Janine Sanchez, Harley's work friend, says they last worked together on this date as receptionists at Massage Envy. Harley was not her usual self but calmed down.
- Letecia shows up for her interview at 12:00 PM.
- Letecia gives tells investigators a new version of events about the events of January 27th; as an investigative technique they ask her to repeat her story several times and try to get more details; this interview lasts over four hours and Letecia is detained while they wait for the warrant for her phone and DNA.
-At the interview, Letecia begins having chest pain and shortness of breath and was transported to the hospital accompanied by detectives who are seeking her DNA.
- Harley gets a call from her aunt that Letecia is in the hospital; Harley leaves work early with Janine.
- Letecia refuses a physical assault exam offered by law enforcement. Letecia does not complete other physical exams and signs herself out of the hospital.
- Janine and Harley pick up Leticia up at a Taco Bell near the hospital.
- They go to a parking garage to look for Letecia's car (?)
- Letecia's VW Tiguan is seized by law enforcement at some point.
- Harley had planned to stay with Janine; through a text Letecia asks Janine if she can stay too. Bothe Harley, Letecia, and their dogs (retrieved from the family home at an unknown time) stay at Janine's for the night. January 30th, 2020
- At 4:30 AM, Letecia writes a text for Harley from Harley's phone that she is resigning from Massage Envy.
- (Unknown timing), Letecia's mother, Deborah (Lowry?), aunt Brenda Acquard, and half-brother Dakota Lowry, fly into Colorado to support her.
- Brenda rents a Nissan Altima to transport them from the airport
- Law enforcement begins covert surveillance of Leticia and Harley's activities
-Harley drives and Leticia and she go to a Marshall's (a discount clothing store).
- At 1:24 PM law enforcement approaches Leticia as they have a warrant for her and Harley's phones. Letecia attempts to run from police. They ultimately collect their phones and Harley's car.
- Letecia's family meet Letecia and Harley at Marshall's and they drive together to Extended Stay Suites where they stay the night. Harley, Dakota, and Letecia stay in one room.
- 3:38 PM, law enforcement gets a tracking device onto the Nissan Altima January 31st , 2020
- Brenda rents a moving-type van for Letecia and Harley to move their things out of the family home.
- Letecia and Dakota go to the police station to get Letecia's pocketbook back; (unclear if she was successful)
- Letecia and Harley move out of the family home and are observed doing so by law enforcement; law enforcement checks what they take out of the house.
- 12:10 PM, Letecia records an interview with KKTV with her back turned to the camera; Harley is also there. Letecia speaks about Facebook drama, that Gannon is a sweet kid, and she can't wait for him to come home so that everyone will apologize to her (video is widely available)
- Investigators search Harley's car on this day.
- Dakota drives the moving van
- Letecia and Harley are observed downtown at 3 PM exiting the Nissan Altima; they return to the car and go to the hotel where law enforcement follows them and places a GPS tracker on the Nissan Altima.
- Approximately around 3:30 PM, Letecia says that she needs to get dog food and takes the Nissan Altima out.
- Letecia drives the Nissan Altima to the same area her VW Tiguan was believed to have been active (i.e. the first place Gannon's remains were deposited) around 4:41 PM.
- Letecia returns to the hotel around 6:00 PM February 1st, 2020
- Al turns his truck, a Nissan Frontier, over to investigators.
- Investigators process Letecia's Tiguan on this day.
- Dakota helps Letecia get another rental van at 8:17 AM and she loads items in; Dakota notices that she struggles with a very heavy suitcase which she says she can handle as it has "softball stuff" in it.
- Letecia texts Detective Bethel from another phone and asks for her passport back
- Dakota returns the first van; the Nissan Altima is returned to the airport at 4:06 PM
- Letecia takes the second van.
- Letecia buys a new cellphone at a Walmart in Troy, Colorado.
- The van travels from Colorado to Texas from noon to 10 PM. February 2nd. 2020
- The van travels to Amarillo, Texas at 10 PM and remains there at least until 10 AM the following day
-The van travels through Texas at 4 PM and stops at 10 PM .It stays at the Candlewood Suites in Decatur, Texas, until the following day. February 3rd, 2020
- From 10 AM, the van travels out of Texas.
- Neighbor Roderick Drayton releases his home security footage. This footage shows Letecia and Gannon leaving together on January 27th. It is a prolonged cause of dispute as to whether the footage shows Gannon returning that afternoon.
- Detectives search the family home again and record blood evidence in Gannon's room; under the bed and on the walls.
- From 4:10 PM thru 10:10 PM the van travels through Louisiana onto Alabama.
-11:43 PM EST - Letecia makes a reservation online at Candlewood Suites in Pensacola, Florida. February 4th, 2020,
-12:23 AM EST - Letecia checks into Candlewood Suites, a hotel, in Pensacola, Florida.
- She checks out at 11:11 AM.
-The van travels from Ferry Pass, Florida on to Lake City, Florida February 5th, 2020
- The van is in Lake Buena Vista, Florida, by 12:10 AM (Editor's Note
: This is the Disney World resort area)
- Investigators continue their work in the family home.
- The El Paso Sheriff's Office releases a video with Al, Landen, and Laina pleading for Gannon's safe return and asking the public for help.
- The van leaves Lake Buena Vista, Florida around 9 PM. February 7th, 2020
- The family home is formally seized by law enforcement; Laina and Al have moved out. February 6th, 2020
-At 12:10 AM the van travels through Pooler, Georgia.
-The van is stopped at a Days Inn in Forest Brook, South Carolina.
-The van travels thru Conway, South Carolina to Myrtle Beach South Carolina. It stays parked. February 12th, 2020
- The media lets the public know that law enforcement is searching for Gannon in the area where it is believed that his remains were first deposited
- The van is returned to a rental location.
- Letecia releases a public statement to Denver FOX 31 (see Crime Online link) refuting Roderick's theory that Gannon did not return with her on January 27th.
- (Unknown timing), Letecia, calling in and acting as Harley, calls the evidence department at the El Paso County Sheriff's Office and attempts to reclaim what was seized by law enforcement. She does not receive her items back as Gannon's disappearance is a pending case at this time.
Due to character limitations, Part 2 is linked here
in a comment